Feltham Bees Disabled Sports Club is a pan-disability Club open to all ages from 5 years upwards.
We train every Saturday morning - 9.30-11.00 - on the 3G at Springwest Academy in Feltham always outside
Whatever your ability or disability - Cerebral Palsy, Downs, ASD, Learning Difficulties etc - you are sure of a warm welcome at the Bees.
We have 4 F.A. qualified (and DBS checked) coaches.
Feltham Bees Disabled Sports Club was founded in February 2002 - a collaboration between Brentford Football in the Community, Feltham CommunityCollege and interested local parents. Bill Glassup - whose son, James, a player with Cerebral Palsy, was one of first members - was elected as Chair, with Ray Coleman as Secretary.
The name 'Bees' was chosen to cement our association with Brentford FC with our logo created by one of our supporters and local artist Rowena.
Over the past 19 years the Club has accomplished many things:
* organised 6 Tournaments at the David Beckham Academy
* voted London Sports Club of the Year -2004
* toured the North West twice - visited/played at Old Trafford, City of Manchester Stadium. Anfield, Boundary Park, Reebok Stadium
* hosted 16 tournaments with the Limbless Association
* organised 4 Feltham Bees Pan-Disability Tournaments
* played in tournaments/matches at Southampton, Northampton, Bournemouth, Milton Keynes, Marlow, Woking, Basingstoke, Brighton, Dover, Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham,
- and much more
Many of our former players have progressed to bigger and better things - universities, careers, etc
Of special mention:
Andy Lapthorne - one of our original players - left the Club to concentrate on Tennis and is now one of the top wheelchair players in the World
Josh Beacham - from the mid/late 2000s - played for England CP team as a creative midfielder